This is a meditation given by the Tibetan Master, Djwhal Khul in collaboration with Bruce Lyon in Occult Cosmology. This space begins with an introduction to it, and then the meditation can be found at the bottom.
The heart chakra is the centre of the sevenfold system. We might imagine that it has four ‘levels of depth’. The outer level is what allows us to identify with our environment. The next inner level is that of the soul—the “Christ in us”. This allows us to identify with our soul and it is what moves us to make our particular contribution to the world. The next inner level is monadic and allows us to identify as the Life aspect. In Agni Yoga this is termed the level of the Lion of the Desert. At this level we experience the charge of spirit or the fire of being. At the fourth level we experience the presence of divinity and a profound peace—a peace that lies behind all purpose, all love and all activity.
If the antahkarana is like building a relationship with the sun then the sutratma is like experiencing the sun-like molten core of the Earth. Inside that core is the black hole or singularity at the centre and beyond that is the universal Self.
Between each of these levels what is experienced is a profound abandonment. It is a truism that we cannot become that which we are not already and yet unrealised. The feelings in the heart of being abandoned by God are there because that is precisely what we have done as we have identified ourselves more fully with the forms in which we are expressing. Unable to hold the truth of who we essentially are through the process of incarnation, we gradually let go of our identification with our divine nature—although this does not change the truth of it. As we deepen our experience and go through the pain of our own necessary abandonment of our inherent godhead, it is always like a coming home—a return to our own true nature.
This abandonment is experienced at the Second, Fourth and Sixth initiations when those who have been assisting us step away for a time to allow us to encounter and experience the depth of what we have been experiencing outside of ourselves, within us. Thus the process of initiation and identification go hand in hand. It is possible however to awaken via identification or the sutratma without first developing the antahkarana. Those who have the First and Second Ray strong in their make up often take the direct path of the heart.
For those who have been attracted to my teachings however, there can be a tendency to focus on building the antahkarana accompanied by a growing dependency on acquiring esoteric knowledge and esoteric contacts. This dependency upon that which is outside of the self can atrophy the capacity for self-reliance inherent in the direct experience of the heart. For this reason I have always placed emphasis on service.
Ultimately your life must arise directly and authentically from your own well, sourced from your own identification with the Godhead. Reliance upon teachers, Masters and consciousness can take us only so far. It is my intent with this work to encourage those of you who are ready to claim your own inherent freedom. An initiate always ‘self-initiates’ by accessing a deeper level of his or her own being. They can be supported in that process by others but they must access their own will and stand alone in their identification.
Through my teachings many individuals and groups throughout the planet have been assisted to step onto the path of discipleship, expand their consciousness, and make a wide range of esoteric contacts. Now at this critical time in the planetary evolution I am encouraging you—a heart term—to self-initiate; to boldly identify in your own nature with what you have been approaching, contacting and circling. Set yourself to make the transition from personality to soul or soul to monad. Claim your divinity—not to others, but deep in the centre of your own heart, which you will find is not your own but an organ through which the universal Self can express. That Self is one, but its expression through the centre of your own being is uniquely creative.
Let me give you a meditation which may help in this regard:
Heart Identification Meditation
• Centre in the Heart. Do not attempt to raise your consciousness or change your ordinary resting state of awareness in any way. Simply focus on the breath and rest in the heart. This meditation does not so much employ the consciousness or the imagination. It is a sensing process using the sentiency of the heart to feel into what actually is present.
• Identify with your personal heart and feel the connections you have to the world—to specific people and places and activities. Feel your personal love and heart-desire. Feel the way your heart goes out to family, friends and lovers. Also sense the way those you may have a special responsibility for—such as children, animals etc—rest in your heart.
• Allow yourself to go deeper and identify with the Christ or soul principle of transpersonal Love. Identify with and as the source of that love which you may have had awakened by an inner or outer teacher. Feel that love opening and radiating outwards to all beings and forms including those lives, which make up your own nature and those others with whom you have a specific soul connection. As you allow yourself to move deeper into the heart notice how the sphere expands to include the causal body and also down through the base chakra into the earth. Notice your willingness to have others enter your heart and for the love that is moving through you to become present in the heart of all others.
• Now deepen again to the level of the monad and feel into the love of the spirit aspect. This is a deeply sacrificial love that expresses itself in the will to endure for the sake of the liberation of others. This love rests on the foundation of the fire of being and the inherent identification with the principle of freedom. Identifying with this love, sense how the sphere of the heart opens to include the core of the Earth, the heart of the sun and the galactic centre. Notice how naturally kundalini flows when it is not being repressed. Taste the experience of holding the space for the evolution of a planet with all its kingdoms and life forms. Sense the earth in your heart and your heart in the earth. Notice your deep longing for the freedom you experience to be experienced by all beings in your sphere of influence. Taste the experience of being in the centre of a galaxy holding the space for the evolution of consciousness in billions of systems.
• Now deepen again to the level of the universal Self. Surrender into being one with the heart that contains the universe within it. This love rests as pure presence and peace accepting and blessing the perfection of everything that arises. Notice how this love effortlessly contains the other levels of self and the other expressions of loving. Within the one great heart of perfection arises centres of pure being and spiritual virility like galaxies which contain countless systems where consciousness is evolving and liberating itself.
• Maintaining your identification with the one great heart re-enter the sphere of your spiritual responsibility and then the sphere of transpersonal loving and then the personal sphere of your heart. In this way the saving force you essentially are brings all levels into integration and synthesis. The Avatar of the Presence of Divinity arrives in the midst of your personal sphere, reaches out and strokes the tabby on your knee.